- Perform any house keeping tasks required
- Return a success (i.e. a 200 response code) if your house keeping was completed.
- Rainforest makes a request to your webhook's URL
- If the request is successful (i.e. a 200 response code), Rainforest will then start sending testers to your app
- If no success is received, we will continue to retry the request
What happens when a Rainforest Run Ends?
We'll make the same request to your webhook's URL with the callback type of "after_run" in place of "before_run". This will let you know the run has completed and you can poll the API for results.
- When Rainforest makes a request to your webhook's URL, respond immediately with a status 202 (Accepted) response code.
- This alerts Rainforest that the webhook was successful, but setup was not able to complete within the request.
- After responding, proceed with any necessary preparations to your testing environment.
- Once your environment is ready, send a POST request to our callback endpoint (https://app.rainforestqa.com/api/1/callbacks) to signal Rainforest that you are ready to start the run
|run_id||The run ID we send you when we send your the first message.|
(this is the only supported callback type at the moment)
A HMAC digest that you can generate with our auth gem (https://github.com/
If you need help creating the callback URL in a different language, please contact us through Intercom in the application.
You can find additional documentation for the callback endpoint here.