This document walks through step-by-step instructions to set up your Jira integration.
Set up JIRA fields
In order to properly post issues to JIRA, the following fields must be enabled for your desired project:
- Issue Type
- Summary Description
In addition, any fields other than those above can not be configured as required fields.
Set up a Rainforest Application Link
- Click 'Applications', then 'Application Links'.
- Enter Rainforest's URL, and click to create a new link. Click 'Continue' to set up.
- Enter any application name, then continue to save your application link
Configure your integration settings within Jira
- Click Edit, then select 'Incoming Authentication'
- Enter the following required information for OAuth (1.0) authentication:
|[anything you like]|
|RSA Public Key
||-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
Configure your integration within Rainforest
- Click 'Add an integration" and select Jira from the dropdown
- Fill out the form fields with the Jira access information found here
- Click 'Approve Access'
- The URL you input for the "Oauth Server URL" is often the same URL as the one you input for "URL to your JIRA integration"
- For the "Request Token Path", "Authorization" Path and "Access Token" Path fields, input the path only; you do not need to include a full URL.